Beauty Services and Therapies
It offers competitive rates for customizable packages to purchase E&O, CGL, Contents Coverage and more. This product is designed for Beauty Services Providers such as beauticians, hairdressers, nail technicians etc. It is suitable for individuals who are working as independent contractors or business owners. Get a quote Today and purchase online within minutes.
- Payment Options: Monthly and Annual
- Eligible in all Canadian provinces and territories, except Quebec
- Additional Insured Requests: Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement is in included in this product
- Brokers may issue Certificates of Insurance with Additional Insureds, in house, as per client’s request
- Please submit a copy of every certificate issued to the client
- A certificate will not be valid unless a copy is provided.
List of Eligible Classes
- Beauticians – No Laser or Facial Peels Includes services rendered as follows: – Eyebrow tinting and sculpting – Eyelash tinting and perming – Manicure, pedicure, gel nails and non-surgical podiatry procedures – Face, scalp or body massage – Body wraps – Shaving, plucking, epilating and wax treatments – Electrolysis – Microdermabrasion
- Brow Bar (i.e Eyebrow shaping)
- Cupping Therapy An ancient Chinese form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin.Practitioners believe this mobilizes blood flow in order to promote healing. Suction is created using heat (fire) or mechanical devices (hand or electrical pumps).
- Ear Piercing (excluding genitals piercing)
- Endermologie (Cellulite Reduction) This process acts on skin aging and fat storage in a natural, physiological manner, reactivating dormant cells by mechanically stimulating the skin. It is a nonsurgical method to reduce the appearance of fat and cellulite involving a series of treatments using heat and mechanical rolling devices for deep massage.
- Facial Harmony A gentle non-invasive treatment designed specifically to work in harmony with the nervous system. The treatment is predominantly focused on the face, head and neck. The muscles and tissues of your face wear the accumulation of your emotional interaction with your life’s experiences.
- Hair Loss Centre
- Indian Head Massage Also known as champissage, an alternative medicine massage therapy. The head, neck and face are massaged with the purpose of manipulating energy channels. The goal is to clear blocks in these energy channels that cause a build-up of negative energy that are purported to cause ailments.
- Nail Bars Includes the following services: – Manicure, pedicure, gel nails and non-surgical podiatry procedures, – Face, scalp or body massage, – Body wraps, shaving, plucking, epilating and wax treatments.
- Massage Categories: Chinese Massage: Specific chinese massage techniques are used on the body to treat and prevent disease. This is achieved by promoting the circulation of Qi and blood and freeing the meridians. Connective Tissue Massage: Deep intensive massage aimed at relaxing tense muscles. Manipulation of the reflexology zones harmonizes the functions of the inner organs. Very suitable if you are highly active and take regular exercise as a relaxing massage, which corrects minor muscle aches. Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity (such as athletes), and patients who have sustained physical injury. Mobile Massage: Recipient remains in their own environment and the therapist goes to them. They can bring their own dedicated table and their own treatments. Pregnancy Massage: Light touch massage, no manipulation Remedial Massage: Massage techniques such as sports massage, trigger point Therapy and PNF stretching combined for an overall curative approach. Swedish Massage: Swedish massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage. Swedish massage has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee over a period of eight weeks. Thai Massage: Ancient/traditional massage, Traditional Thai massage (Nuad Boran) is generally based on a combination of Indian and Chinese traditions of medicine. It is a unique form of Buddhist physioTherapy that blends yoga, acupressure and reflexology.
- Threading Bars
- Reflexology A type of massage, mainly focused on the feet and on pressure points.
- Reiki Treatment Reiki is a spiritual practice that uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands on healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies. Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy in the form of qi through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
Any engagement in the following are not eligible
- Tattooing Parlours
- Tanning Salons (excluding Spray Tanning Salons
- Derma Fillers, Botox, and/or Facial Implants
- Spa Services
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Laser or Facial Peels
COVERAGE & WORDINGS
1. Commercial General Liability (CGL)
Limits per Occurrence and Aggregate
2. Medical Malpractice (E&O) – Claims Made
Also known as Errors & Omission coverage. This protects you for liability arising from negligent acts, errors or omissions while performing your work. This is automatically included as part of the General Liability limit selected, and higher limits are available to best fit individual business needs.
- $50,000 (Included with CGL)
Higher limits of up to $5,000,000 may be available for some selected operations
3. Business Contents (COED)
This will cover any loss or damage to: A. your business property like office furniture, computers, and other equipment and B. leasehold improvements that you made at your own expense. Type of covered losses include fire, theft, smoke, windstorm or water damage etc. Any claims under this will be settled on Replacement Cost Basis.
- *Subject to Burglar Alarm System Warranty
Higher limits of up to $150,000 may be available for some selected operations